Friday 15 February 2013

Happy V-Day everybody :-)

T'is the season to be busy ... we have Valentines Day, Mr. Giggles' birthday (Feb. 29th - and even after all these years it is still cool), the daughter's birthday (Giggles-in-training) and then finishing off on the 3rd of March with our wedding anniversary.

I was working on my second holyburn skirt, but it involves a lot of stripe matching and the fabrics is loosely woven, so there is a lot of hand-basting involved. I am now at the point where I need to insert the invisible zip and it all needs to match ...



So I have decided to take a little break and work on some presents instead. For V-Day I give you sleep boxer shorts. Big ones (patterns is from the Sew Everything Book) and little ones.



It is the first time I have done a fly and it doesn't gape, so I've been high-fiving (oh, shut up, spell checker, it is a perfectly fine word) myself and anyone who stood still long enough all day. My husband was so pleased that he requested another pair for his birthday, though this time without a fly - not sure whether the high-fiving was at fault or not :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear what you think, but do try to be nice as this is what I do for fun and enjoyment :-)