Friday 7 December 2012

UFO #7 - the Christmas tea cosy

I wasn't convinced of tea cosies before - and really, I am not now, because whilst I was working on the tea cosy, Brisbane hit 39 degrees, so who would need a tea cosy in this weather - BUT it was kinda fun to create. So without further ado, I give you my Christmas tea cosy ...



It's a 2x2 rib (I think that is what it is called, if you knit 2 and purl 2) with doubled up green yarn and trebled red yarn with a strand of gold in it. The yarn was donated to the project and it is Acrylic at its finest, but I can't hear the teapot complaining that it itches, so all is well.


Since I only have a small tea pot I tried to make it very stretchy and flexible so it could accommodate larger pots as well. So, the presents on top actually have a bit of space to arrange themselves around a larger lid. Probably less suitable in a cold climate, but really people, I am a mother of two and I can't remember when I last had a hot cup of tea (or coffee) that wasn't microwaved at least twice :-)


I have also finished UFOs #4 the hemming of the tunic, #5 the grey blue t-shirt (okay, okay, I still need to do the hem), and #6 the head band. I have postponed #3, the quilt, until my 1/4 in quilting foot arrives. I am not sure I'll ever do #8, the sewing machine bag, because I figured I actually rather trace and cut when I am visiting other people (or crochet/knit) and I can do something else with the materials.

Now, I will do the hem and then I shall see what to do next. Toodles .... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear what you think, but do try to be nice as this is what I do for fun and enjoyment :-)