Saturday 8 September 2012

Dolman Sleeve Top

I did it ... I sewed a top with Jersey like material. I think it's actually interlock, but I am not sure. It was a mystery purchase from fabric-a-brac. I used the free Dolman Sleeve Top pattern from Cation Designs.



It came out alright, although the directions say that you should sew the sides with a straight stitch and the first time a did it and then tried it on the stitches ripped where the sleeve turns down the side. I just resewed it with a zigzag stitch and it was fine.

I might make one more version from it with a lower neckline, but it's getting warmer now so it's back to T-shirts.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yay, someone tried it! I guess the zigzag makes more sense under the arm, but that's what happens when you only test it on yourself :) Thanks for the feedback, and for letting me know you tried it! Yours turned out very nicely! Would it be okay if I used your picture and linked to you at some point when I get to doing a roundup of people who have tried the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great on you. The print is a good colour for you and the style is very flattering.
    You can always use a reinforcing row of stitching on the next version, but it sounds like you've nailed this pattern, without it.
    Great job.

    ReplyDelete

I'd like to hear what you think, but do try to be nice as this is what I do for fun and enjoyment :-)