Friday 27 April 2012

some household sewing

Still elated with the success of the skirts I picked some easy beginner projects from the SEW everything book.

We now have 2 new pillows - exactly the same one for each child


one little donut pin cushion out of the left over fabric from the pillows


and a sewing machine cosy - I didn't use the instructions for that one, because I only have a little machine and I didn't have enough material to do it the proper way, but it still keeps the dust off the machine so who cares :-)


I finished the bottom edge of with some bias tape and I have concluded that I will avoid small bias tape whenever I can, because seriously it is just too fiddly.

I am now attempting shorts for my son and maybe attempt to sew some jersey knit on the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. The pillow fabric is beautiful. I'm a bit that way with bias too.

    ReplyDelete

I'd like to hear what you think, but do try to be nice as this is what I do for fun and enjoyment :-)